Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Newsweek Agrees...

Last week I blogged about how I sometimes like to write by hand when I'm working, using pen and paper instead of my computer.  Not only do I feel more of a connection to the process than when using a laptop, but it is also a great way to avoid the temptation of the Internet.  This distraction can be the bane of my existence on some days.

Well, it ends up that Newsweek magazine agrees.  This week they published a list of 31 Ways to Get Smarter in 2012.  Number 24 on the list is "Write by Hand."  As they say:

"Remember what that feels like? Brain scans show that handwriting engages more sections of the brain than typing. Bonus brain boost: it’s easier to remember something once you’ve written it down on paper."

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who feels this way.  I also like number 11.  "Eat Dark Chocolate."  I can live with that one.  And also number 31.  "Get Out of Town."  Now I just need to plan my next trip to someplace that has good dark chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment