Saturday, May 14, 2011

Seven Things: Work, Writing and Research



Thanks to Janice Horton for including me in the Versatile Blogger Awards, whereby I am supposed to mention seven things people might not already know about me. Since I tend to live a peripatetic life, I've decided to list seven places that I've lived before, in no particular order. So without further ado:

1. Cleveland, Ohio: I grew up in Southern California, but I was actually born in Cleveland, where I lived for the first three and a half years of my life.

2. Toowoomba, Australia: I was a foreign exchange student here in this small town in Queensland.

3. On a boat in San Francisco Bay: A friend of mine offered to let me live on his boat in Sausalito once for nine months while I worked on writing a few screenplays. I loved falling asleep to the rocking and rolling of the waves.

4. On a ship in the Pacific: I worked in the engine room on a ship laying fiber optic cable from California to China. We spent a month straight at sea with no sight of land.

5. Washington, DC: I went to visit a friend once in our nations capitol and loved it. I ended up renting a place and staying for three years.

6. Budapest, Hungary: Two years ago I spent the summer in Budapest. It was a wonderful place to write; cheap rent, great cafes, and a fabulous library in an old converted palace.

7. Tallinn, Estonia: Nine years ago I spent four months in this lovely medieval city on the Baltic Sea. In fact, I loved it so much I've decided to go back. My flight leaves in ten days.

So that's it! If anyone else wants to join in, copy and paste the logo above on your blog and comment here so we can check your page out. Thanks again, Janice!

No comments:

Post a Comment